Re: Search for less well known compiler tools

rdm@cfcl.com (Rich Morin)
Thu, 17 Nov 1994 01:43:54 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Search for less well known compiler tools aweirig@is1.vub.ac.be (1994-11-14)
Re: Search for less well known compiler tools rdm@cfcl.com (1994-11-17)
Re: Search for less well known compiler tools kuusama@sci.fi (1994-11-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: rdm@cfcl.com (Rich Morin)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 01:43:54 GMT

aweirig@is1.vub.ac.be (WEIRIG ALEX) writes:

> I'm looking for ALL kind of compiler construction tools that may exist.
> If there is some CDROM available containing all or most of the compiler
> construction tools please do tell me and tell me where to get it from.

The first place to look is the "Catalog of Free Compilers and Interpreters":

    idiom.berkeley.ca.us:/pub/compilers-list/free-compilers
    http://cui_www.unige.ch/freecomp

If you are looking for UNIX-based tools, try "Prime Time Freeware for UNIX",
Issue 3-2 (ISBN 1-881957-05-5). It contains more than 100 interpreters,
compilers, and other language-related tools. If your interest is in Lisp,
Scheme, or Prolog, try "Prime Time Freeware for AI", Issue 1-1 (ISBN
1-881957-17-9). It contains a full CD-ROM of AI-related interpreters and
compilers. (Both collections contain other materials; they total five GB
each, uncompressed!). Each of these collections lists for US$ 60.

For more information on PTF's products, send email to ptf@cfcl.com

Yours, Rich Morin
Prime Time Freeware
--
Rich Morin, Canta Forda Computer Laboratory
    P.O. Box 1488, Pacifica, CA, 94044, USA