AWK to C?

c0464610@techst02.technion.ac.il (Zusman Mark)
Wed, 23 Feb 1994 16:44:58 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
AWK to C? c0464610@techst02.technion.ac.il (1994-02-23)
Re: AWK to C? arnold@cc.gatech.edu (1994-02-25)
Re: AWK to C? bergman@panix.com (1994-02-26)
Re: AWK to C? olson@mcs.anl.gov (1994-02-26)
Re: AWK to C? arnold@cc.gatech.edu (1994-03-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.lang.c,comp.unix.misc,comp.compilers
From: c0464610@techst02.technion.ac.il (Zusman Mark)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 1994 16:44:58 GMT

Hi Netters, (posted for a friend)
Does anyone knows about a public-domain AWK to C translator?
I want to improve the speed of some scripts we use here and I think
this porting the AWK to C and then compiling it might be a good option.
I'm even willing to compromise some of the more exotic features of AWK.

I've seen an ad in DDJ from a company called "ASPEN Technologies, Inc."
for a product they call "AWKtoC" for MS-DOS. Did anyone here about it?
What is the quality of the translation they produce?

Any comment will be greatly appreciated,

Please email to ilan@allink.com
Ilan Aisic