Re: Memory Analysis

maydan@Xenon.Stanford.EDU (Dror E. Maydan)
Tue, 28 Jan 1992 19:22:58 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Memory Analysis htf@castle.ed.ac.uk (H T Fallside) (1992-01-27)
Re: Memory Analysis preston@dawn.cs.rice.edu (1992-01-27)
Re: Memory Analysis maydan@Xenon.Stanford.EDU (1992-01-28)
Re: Memory Analysis moss@cs.umass.edu (1992-02-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: maydan@Xenon.Stanford.EDU (Dror E. Maydan)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1992 19:22:58 GMT

In article 92-01-103 preston@dawn.cs.rice.edu (Preston Briggs) writes:
>In general, it's called "dependence analysis", from the work in
>vectorization. Good recent papers include
>
> Efficient and Exact Dependence Analysis
> Mayden, Hennessy, Lam
>... from Proceedings of the SIGPLAN '91 Conference on
>Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI).

Just to avoid bibliographical confusions, my name is spelled Maydan (PLDI
got it wrong in their index).

Let me also recommend Michael Wolfe's book (Optimizing Supercompilers for
Supercomputers) for a general view of loop level optimizations and

Data Locality Optimizing Algorithm
Wolf and Lam (a different Wolf)
Proceedings of the SIGPLAN '91 PLDI

for a paper that uses the results of data dependence analysis to optimize
data locality.

Dror