Re: encripted source as an ANDF

henry@zoo.toronto.edu
Wed, 31 May 89 05:11:04 EDT

          From comp.compilers

Re: Encripted source as an ANDF harvard!cs.utah.edu!esunix!bpendlet (1989-05-24)
Re: Encripted source as an ANDF jeffb@grace.cs.washington.edu (1989-05-24)
Re: Encripted source as an ANDF bpendlet@esunix.uucp (1989-05-24)
Re: Encripted source as an ANDF rfg@mcc.com (1989-05-27)
Re: encripted source as an ANDF rfg@mcc.com (1989-05-27)
Re: Encripted source as an ANDF kbierman@sun.com (1989-05-30)
Re: encripted source as an ANDF henry@zoo.toronto.edu (1989-05-31)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: henry@zoo.toronto.edu
Date: Wed, 31 May 89 05:11:04 EDT
Newsgroups: comp.compilers

>> It seems to me that this kills any ANDF scheme which is not essentially
>> based on obfuscated (but non-preprocessed) source.
>
>In case you missed my point, I disagree very strongly. You should be
>able to do a (partial) preprocessing step on the "development" system...

I should have been clearer. Note the word "essentially", though. I admit
I didn't think of partial preprocessing, which could be useful.

Do remember, though, that ANSI C in particular encourages rather more use
of macros with potentially implementation-specific bodies than older C
practice. Not to say that partial preprocessing won't work, but a rather
larger number of identifiers are going to have to be marked "hands off".
[From henry@zoo.toronto.edu]