New Parser Generator Available

Ziemowit Laski <laski@ics.uci.edu>
29 Apr 1999 00:32:31 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
New Parser Generator Available Dr_Feriozi@prodigy.net (2001-03-14)
New Parser Generator Available laski@ics.uci.edu (Ziemowit Laski) (1999-04-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Ziemowit Laski <laski@ics.uci.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 Apr 1999 00:32:31 -0400

Hello,

I would like to announce the availability of Bertha(tm), an LALRP(1)
Java(tm)-based parser generator for ordered context-free grammars
(OCFGs).

An explanation of the motivation for creating Bertha, the notion of OCFGs and
of their LALRP(1) subset can be found by accessing

    http://www.ics.uci.edu/~laski --> My Research Interests -->
        Precedence-Based Parsing

The Bertha(tm) distribution itself (which requires JDK 1.2.x, JRE
1.2.x or equivalent to run), along with some sample grammars and
as-of-yet non-existent documentation may be found at

    http://www.ics.uci.edu/~laski --> Home-Grown Software -->
        Bertha(tm) Parser Generator

In its present form, Bertha(tm) is merely a proof of concept and a
by-product of research into ordered context-free grammars; it is by no
means ready for "prime time" academic or industrial use, although I
would like to make it so eventually. Needless to say, I will
appreciate any and all of your feedback and advice.

Have fun,

Zem Laski
University of California, Irvine