Modula-2 to "C" compiler as a preprocesser

map@image.dk (Mads Bligaard Nielsen)
5 May 1997 22:05:10 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Modula-2 to "C" compiler as a preprocesser map@image.dk (1997-05-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: map@image.dk (Mads Bligaard Nielsen)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 5 May 1997 22:05:10 -0400

We are using two Modula-2 compilers: A native for OPUS/GNX (unix), and
a Modula-2 to "C" translator for a Am29K embedded target (compiler on
HPUX). We uses the (old) OPUS/GNX for automatic verification tests,
but want to change platform to WinNt. It could be nice if we could
use a popular off-the-shelf environment which could minimize both the
edit-compiler-debug cycle and the learning required.

Can anyone recommend tools which will do the job (remember many users
means fewer bugs and more friendly interfaces). A solution could also
be using the GNU tools (gcc, gdb etc) - but then we need a graphical
interface for gdb which runs on Windows NT. We are using both "emacs"
and "ddd" on HP-UX for that job.
---
Kind regards
Mads Bligaard Nielsen (map@image.dk)