Re: Looking for a compiler for research work

llsmith@super.org (Lauren L. Smith)
4 May 1997 00:29:40 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for a compiler for research work mtandon@menger.eecs.stevens-tech.edu (Manu Tandon) (1997-04-18)
Re: Looking for a compiler for research work jlilley@empathy.com (John Lilley) (1997-04-20)
Re: Looking for a compiler for research work sc@informatik.uni-jena.de (Sebastian Schmidt) (1997-04-22)
Re: Looking for a compiler for research work scotth@visix.com (1997-04-22)
Re: Looking for a compiler for research work sethml@ugcs.caltech.edu (1997-04-22)
Re: Looking for a compiler for research work llsmith@super.org (1997-05-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: llsmith@super.org (Lauren L. Smith)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 May 1997 00:29:40 -0400

Seth LaForge <sethml@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
>Check out the Stanford SUIF project: http://suif.stanford.edu/. SUIF
>(Stanford Universal Intermediate Format) is a specification of an
>intermediate format on disk, C and Fortran front-ends, MIPS and C
>back-ends, a C++ library for reading, writing, and manipulating the
>intermediate instructions, and a bunch of optimizers. The idea is
>that you can write your optimizer as an independent program which
>reads code in intermediate form and writes optimized code in
>intermediate form. The SUIF group is mostly using it for researching
>automatic parallelization.

Also check out the Zephyr effort at : http://www.cs.virginia.edu/zephyr.

The SUIF and Zephyr efforts are being funded as part of a National
Compiler Infrastructure project whose purpose is to provide plug `n
play compiler components that can be used to perform research in
compilation technology. The overall project has just gotten under
way, but both components (SUIF and Zephyr) have existing parts that
are usable today. The points of contact are: Monica Lam
(lam@stanford.edu) and Jack Davidson (jwd@cs.virginia.edu).

You might also want to check out the PLDI '97 homepage where an
announcement on this project is made for a BOF at PLDI. (
http://cs-www.bu.edu/pub/pldi97)

- Lauren

Lauren L. Smith