Interpreters: Need Info

Charles Hardnett <hardnett@magic.spelman.edu>
7 Mar 1997 21:44:21 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Interpreters: Need Info hardnett@magic.spelman.edu (Charles Hardnett) (1997-03-07)
Re: Interpreters: Need Info mwmarkla@iastate.edu (W) (1997-03-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Charles Hardnett <hardnett@magic.spelman.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 7 Mar 1997 21:44:21 -0500

Hello,

I am a faculty member at Spelman College in Atlanta. I am teaching a
course on Programming Language Design and Implementation. I am
planning to introduce Scheme in about 2 weeks. And I thought a good
project would be for them to add functionality to a simple language
interpreter written in scheme. Now I am looking for some comprehensive
information on Interpreters. I am looking for something about the
length of chapter or so that gives some good foundation information on
how interpreters work. Even if it is too much for undergrads I can
always rewrite parts, or at least explain it so they can get it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles
[You might find something in "Structure and Interpretation of Computer
Programs", by Abelson, Sussman, and Sussman, but it's pretty dense. -John]