Re: Interpreter in PL/1

j.r.ferguson@iname.com (J.R. Ferguson)
15 Dec 1996 16:19:36 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Interpreter in PL/1 sven@innet.be (sven) (1996-12-03)
Re: Interpreter in PL/1 j.r.ferguson@iname.com (1996-12-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: j.r.ferguson@iname.com (J.R. Ferguson)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Dec 1996 16:19:36 -0500

sven <sven@innet.be> wrote:

>I am writing an interpreter in PL/1
>I am writing an expression evaluator to process some number crunching
>without having to recompile the whole program back again.
>ex: Put 1+1 into the interpreter, and 2 comes out...
>Does anybody have some more examples of source coding in C, (PL/1??),
>pascal or other non object oriented language of an implementation of an
>interpreter with type checing and flow control?

Sven,

I may have something for you.

I wrote a real number expression evaluator in C and Pascal. You can
download them from my website (see below). From my home page, click
'Freeware' and then jump to 'Programmers Tools'.

Look for the C-library: JRFC01.ZIP or Pascal library: JRFPAS02.ZIP.
UnZip the file and then look for EVLLIB.

All the Best.
Bob Ferguson.

J.R. Ferguson, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: j.r.ferguson@iname.com
web: www.xs4all.nl/~ferguson