Start of a PCCTS Tutorial

Scott Stanchfield <scotts@metaware.com>
15 Dec 1996 16:03:23 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Start of a PCCTS Tutorial scotts@metaware.com (Scott Stanchfield) (1996-12-15)
Start of a PCCTS Tutorial scotts@metaware.com (Scott Stanchfield) (1996-12-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Scott Stanchfield <scotts@metaware.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers.tools.pccts,comp.compilers
Date: 15 Dec 1996 16:03:23 -0500

Just wanted to let everyone know the state of the tutorial I'm working
on...

Currently, I have it in four formats:

    ftp://ftp.scruz.net/users/thetick/public/pcctst01.doc (Word '95)
    ftp://ftp.scruz.net/users/thetick/public/pcctst01.doc (Mac Word 5.0)

    http://www.scruz.net/~thetick/pcctstut (HTML w/style sheets)
    http://www.scruz.net/~thetick/pcctstns (HTML w/o style sheets)
          (both should look the same under Netscape -- only MSIE currently
            supports style sheets, but Netscape ignores them.)

I added a copy without style sheets as some versions of MSIE for the Mac
seem to not allow you to turn off style sheets and the fonts appear
quite small. For Windoze MSIE 3.1 users, you can turn off style sheets
from the "Advanced" tab of the options dialog. (There's a checkbox
near the bottom.)

I'm working on updating this and should have the first section
(recognizing) verified and completed within the next week or so. (Same
as saying "Real Soon Now" -- the "or so" is my CYA...)

Any comments (positive or negative) are welcome, as I want this to be a
helpful doc.

-- Scott

-----
Scott Stanchfield