Re: Books for partial evaluation?

bos@serpentine.com (Bryan O'Sullivan)
30 Jun 1996 21:07:34 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Books for partial evaluation? m-sr0069@missjane.cs.nyu.edu (1996-06-30)
Re: Books for partial evaluation? bos@serpentine.com (1996-06-30)
Re: Books for partial evaluation? d-craig@eehpx32.cen.uiuc.edu (1996-07-01)
Re: Books for partial evaluation? stephenb@harlequin.co.uk (1996-07-02)
Re: Books for partial evaluation? sestoft@diku.dk (1996-07-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: bos@serpentine.com (Bryan O'Sullivan)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Jun 1996 21:07:34 -0400

m-sr0069@missjane.cs.nyu.edu (Salem Reyen) writes:

s> Neil D. Jones (ACM PERM95) mentioned two books dedicated for
s> P.E. (partial evaluation) but I have difficulty getting either one
s> of them. They are

s> "Partial Evaluation and Automatic Program Generation" by Jones,
s> Gomard and Sestoft, Prentice Hall, 1993.

s> something by Consel and Danvy, Mit Press, 1995.

s> Are these the ONLY two books dedicated entirely on P.E.? Any
s> comments on these books?

They're the only two I'm aware of, but I haven't kept up-to-date with
partial evaluation in almost two years. Jones, Gomard and Sestoft is
an excellent starting point. Once you're fairly familiar with it,
moving onto PEPM and such proceedings is pretty straghtforward.

<b
--
bos@eng.sun.com
bos@serpentine.com