Re: A CD-ROM for compiler developers

Jaap van Ganswijk <ganswijk@xs4all.nl>
14 Mar 1996 16:59:18 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
A CD-ROM for compiler developers pjmlp@students.fct.unl.pt (1996-03-11)
Re: A CD-ROM for compiler developers ganswijk@xs4all.nl (Jaap van Ganswijk) (1996-03-14)
Re: A CD-ROM for compiler developers ramesh@zycad.com (Ramesh Narayanaswamy) (1996-03-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Jaap van Ganswijk <ganswijk@xs4all.nl>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 14 Mar 1996 16:59:18 -0500

At 05:46 PM 3/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm preparing a work about new themes for CD-ROMs. ...
>[I believe that there are freeware disks of tools and sample parsers
>available already. -John]

Indeed, John, white bearded old man, who writes between []'s.

I have here two versions of the 'Language/OS' Multiplatform resource
library, from 'Knowledge Media Inc.' I have versions DR4-L and 3.94.
They don't differ much, both claim to contain about 600 Mbyte. They
contain a lot of compiler and OS stuff. (The most weird compiler and
also useful stuff).

The text on the CD-ROM cover:

Some of the languages and OS's covered are:
Ada amoeba basic c c++ cloud cml cool elfs ellie emerald et++
forth icon isis joyce leda linda linux lisp mach mars minx oasis
oberon obst ops5 pascal pc_scheme python sather sbprolog self soul
sor sos sprite tile and much much more...

This is the largest collection of compilers, interpreters, libraries
and source code for standard and experimental computer languages and
operating systems ever assembled. A must for anyone interested in
computer programming, this disc is just right for everyone, whether he
or she is a researcher, student or an interested hobbist.

Knowledge Media
436 Nunneley Dr., Suite B
Paradise, CA 95969 USA
(800) 78 CD ROM
(916) 872-7487

By the way: I'm looking for a good foster parent for my oldest
version, so let me know, if you are interested... (Highest offer...)

Groeten,
Jaap

-- Chip Directory
-- http://www.hitex.com/chipdir/ - USA
-- http://www.xs4all.nl/~ganswijk/chipdir/ - Europe
-- http://www.eskimo.com/~cadfael/chipdir/ - Seattle, New!
-- Other international mirror sites from there...
[Sheesh, I'm not that old. I just act that way sometimes. -John]