Re: Short Intro & F90 compiler development tool question

sethml@gluttony.ugcs.caltech.edu (Seth M. LaForge)
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 00:16:57 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Short Intro & F90 compiler development tool question wender@par.univie.ac.at (Bernd Wender) (1995-11-14)
Re: Short Intro & F90 compiler development tool question sethml@gluttony.ugcs.caltech.edu (1995-11-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: sethml@gluttony.ugcs.caltech.edu (Seth M. LaForge)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 00:16:57 GMT

On Tue, 14 Nov 1995 09:35:01 GMT, Bernd Wender <wender@par.univie.ac.at> wrote:
>We are looking for a compiler development tool which is able to support
>
>* implementation of transformations at a high level of abstraction
>* transparent internal representation (ideally object oriented)
>* F90 - frontend (open for extensions / modifications)
>
>In the moment we know of three tools: Sage++, Cocktail, and Gentle/Smart.

You may be interested in SUIF (Stanford Univeral Intermediate Format),
a compiler framework used for research at Stanford. It consists of a
high-level, byte-stream (i.e. stored in files) intermediate format,
and a set of C++ libraries to manipulate the data as objects. It also
comes with Fortran 77 and C frontends, some optimizations, and
backends to generate MIPS object files or C. I don't know if F90
support is in the works.

More info is available at http://suif.stanford.edu/.

Seth