Re: Fleshed out C grammar

mabp@bga.com (Michael Parkes)
Fri, 16 Sep 1994 01:51:13 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Fleshed out C grammar wprice@netcom.com (Frank Price) (1994-09-14)
Re: Fleshed out C grammar rfg@netcom.com (1994-09-15)
Re: Fleshed out C grammar mabp@bga.com (1994-09-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: mabp@bga.com (Michael Parkes)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 1994 01:51:13 GMT

: I don't have much experience with lex and yacc, but I'm trying to write a
: parser that takes C or pseudo-C code and translates it to a simple 3AC
: code (not beyond). ...

What you are attempting is a lot of work. So make sure you really want to
do it before you start. I have a Pascal compiler that I developed in an
Attribute Grammar tool in about 4 months. However, Attribute Grammar
systems are a much more advanced tools than lex and yacc and it would be
hard to convert. Unless you are planning to use an Attribute Grammar tool
it probably would not be much use.

Regards,

Mike Parkes.