Fleshed out C grammar

Frank Price <wprice@netcom.com>
Wed, 14 Sep 1994 14:52:42 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Fleshed out C grammar wprice@netcom.com (Frank Price) (1994-09-14)
Re: Fleshed out C grammar rfg@netcom.com (1994-09-15)
Re: Fleshed out C grammar mabp@bga.com (1994-09-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Frank Price <wprice@netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 14:52:42 GMT

I don't have much experience with lex and yacc, but I'm trying to write a
parser that takes C or pseudo-C code and translates it to a simple 3AC
code (not beyond). All the grammars I've seen so far stop before
creating any symbol tables. Are there any more fleshed out grammars that
complete this step and generate 3AC? Even if the grammars are for Pascal
or a similar language it would be a great help since various things just
don't seem clear from the documents I have on lex and yacc.

Thanks.

Will Price
MACH Networks, Inc.
[Well, there's always gcc. -John]