Need CPU test suite

km@mathcs.emory.edu
Thu, 3 Sep 1992 13:44:32 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Need CPU test suite km@mathcs.emory.edu (1992-09-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.benchmarks,comp.compilers,comp.arch
From: km@mathcs.emory.edu
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1992 13:44:32 GMT

We are looking for a set of C programs to test the accuracy of a cpu
instruction simulator. Bascially, we need test programs that do almost no
I/O and test themselves by comparing computed results with known values.
We can handle some simple I/O of course by substituting a printf that
writes to a memory buffer, and then manually examining the buffer.

Does anyone know of a set of programs that would be appropriate? It
strikes me that some compiler verification or benchmarking programs might
be ok, as long as they don't do much I/O.
---
Ken Mandelberg | km@mathcs.emory.edu PREFERRED
Emory University | {rutgers,gatech}!emory!km UUCP
Dept of Math and CS | km@emory.bitnet NON-DOMAIN BITNET
Atlanta, GA 30322 | Phone: Voice (404) 727-7963, FAX 727-5611