BSD yacc for VMS ?

swl26@cas.org (Steve Layten x3451)
Thu, 11 Jun 1992 11:52:02 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
BSD yacc for VMS ? swl26@cas.org (1992-06-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: swl26@cas.org (Steve Layten x3451)
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1992 11:52:02 GMT

Forwarding a question for a friend. Replies can be by email, I'll post a
summary. I checked the FAQ, and it doesn't seem to mention any
machine-specific versions.

I've got a version of BSD Yacc. It compiles & executes correctly on a PC.
[After modifying word size and bit operators in defs.h] It compiles &
works semi-correctly on a VAX VMS system, but it won't work on all of test
cases. I had to modify the mechanism by which it derives temporaryfile
names because looking for '/' as a directory delimiter doesn't work in
VMS. Does anyone have a VMS-Specific version of BSD-yacc they would be
willing to share? (diffs suitable for patching BSD-yacc version 1.8 would
be great!)

Thanks in advance,
--
Steven W. Layten, Senior Engineer
Chemical Abstracts Service, PO Box 3012, Columbus, OH 43210 +1 614 447 3600