Re: Recovering control flow information

paulb@travis.csd.harris.com (Paul Beusterien)
Tue, 14 Apr 1992 14:51:13 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Recovering control flow information ahuang@faraday.ece.cmu.edu (Andrew Sao-Chun Huang) (1992-04-13)
Re: Recovering control flow information paulb@travis.csd.harris.com (1992-04-14)
Re: Recovering control flow information bwilson@shasta.Stanford.EDU (1992-04-14)
Re: Recovering control flow information lins@Apple.COM (1992-04-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: paulb@travis.csd.harris.com (Paul Beusterien)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1992 14:51:13 GMT

>[how to find function boundaries and branch tables in compiler output?]

>[This information is clearly available to the compiler, so I'd take the
>direct approach and have the compiler put some comments into the file that
>identify entry points, function boundaries, and branch tables. -John]

This is the approach I have taken in our 88k instruction scheduler. The
compiler outputs scheduler directives to identify function start-points
and computed branch tables. I also use directives for several other
things including alias information, volatile information, and register
lifetime information into and out of functions calls.
--
Paul Beusterien paulb@ssd.csd.harris.com
Harris Computer Systems