Modula-3 for Mac and PC (was Pascal P-Code, Modula M-Code)

moss@cs.umass.edu
23 Sep 91 13:00:10 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Pascal P-Code, Modula M-Code MM0F@ns.cc.lehigh.edu (1991-09-22)
Modula-3 for Mac and PC (was Pascal P-Code, Modula M-Code) moss@cs.umass.edu (1991-09-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: moss@cs.umass.edu
Date: 23 Sep 91 13:00:10 GMT

To my knowledge there are no Modula-3 compilers for the Mac or PC. The
existing compilers are "bigger than a breadbox" and mostly Unix oriented. My
research group is developing a compiler based on gcc (i.e., a new front end
and some modifications to the back end). Since gcc now generates code for
MSDOS machines, there is some hope of seeing Modula-3 on PCs via this route
eventually, but don't hold your breath -- my project is being done on a shoe
string so release is not yet imminent (though we are making good progress).
--

J. Eliot B. Moss, Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science