comp.compilers: the book

John R. Levine <johnl@iecc.cambridge.ma.us>
Wed, 13 Feb 91 22:10:55 EST

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
comp.compilers: the book johnl@iecc.cambridge.ma.us (John R. Levine) (1991-02-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: John R. Levine <johnl@iecc.cambridge.ma.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 91 22:10:55 EST

I expect to send the "Comp.compilers 1990 Annual" to the printer next week,
so the books will with luck be ready about March 1. The book turns out to be
fatter than I'd thought, about 700 pages each 11 x 8.5 inches with two pages
of text side by side in reasonably legible 8 point type. Messages are
grouped by topic (C, optimization, book reviews, etc.) and messages within a
a thread are grouped together. There is a permuted subject index, a keyword
index, and if I can make it look reasonable, an author index. The book is
GBC bound, a plastic spiral binding that should lie flat.

Pricing:

Printing turned out to be less expensive than I thought, so the price is only
$40 per book, plus $2 sales tax for copies delivered in Massachusetts, plus
appropriate postage and packaging:

Pick up in Cambridge free
U.S. surface $3
U.S. priority $5
U.S. Federal Express $20
Canada surface $7
Foreign surface $10

These per-book amounts are based on the new postal rates plus a little bit
for packing materials. If you want something other than these, or want to
order a lot of books, I'm open to negotiation. Foreign airmail is quite
expensive, on the order of $35/book. Foreign express is even more, upwards
of $50.

How to order:

Mail me a check payable to I.E.C.C. and tell me where to send your order.
Not really being in the book distribution business, I am not in a position to
take purchase orders, credit cards, COD orders, or anything else. For
foreign orders, I'll take anything my bank can handle, preferably U.S. dollar
checks. (They charge $20 extra for foreign checks and $5 for incoming bank
wires.) Some foreign readers suggested that they might get together and send
one combined check to save on bank fees. If you're interested, send me mail
and I'll mail back summaries of who's interested in a group buy. Another
possibility for foreign orders is a $50 traveller's check.

The mailing address is:

I.E.C.C.
P.O. Box 349
Cambridge MA 02238-0349

If any orders arrive before the books are printed I will of course refrain
from cashing the checks until the books are ready to mail.

If you need to order through a bookstore, you can. Bookstores can order from
the publisher, Center Books, who has agreed to handle trade orders. The
price to booksellers is the same as the price to anyone else, so in most
cases they'll have to charge you extra and it will take longer.

ISBN: 0-944954-02-2
Publisher: Center Book Publishers, Inc.
Suite 298
301 North Harrison Street