Re: ADA Compiling Query

gor@computer-science.strathclyde.ac.uk
Wed, 13 Feb 91 12:16:20 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ADA Compiling Query gor@cs.strath.ac.uk (Gordon Russell) (1991-02-11)
Re: ADA Compiling Query mfeldman@eesun.gwu.edu (1991-02-12)
Re: ADA Compiling Query gor@computer-science.strathclyde.ac.uk (1991-02-13)
Re: ADA Compiling Query jb@rti.rti.org (1991-02-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: gor@computer-science.strathclyde.ac.uk
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 91 12:16:20 GMT

With regards to my recient posting concerning parameter passing
in ADA, I would like to thank the overwhelming responce to my article.

In almost every case, the answer would appear to be 12. This is confirmed
by the ADA LRM (6.3.6), in the 1983 version (yes, I do have a copy, but I
never found this reference until it was pointed out to me).

This will mae my supervisor very unhappy, since he was of the impression
that I would have to make use of passing by reference, when I was suggesting
parameter passing by value. Your letters go along way to justify this.

I would like to thank Bill Yow, Gene Ressler, Brian Hanafee, Mark Streich,
Thomas Mueller, Trevor Bourget, Cyrille Comer, and Mike Feldman.

Thanx again,
    Gordon Russell

PhD student, University of Strathclyde.