toolset for lexical analysis

Julie Ann Barnes <jbarnes@cis.ohio-state.edu>
Wed, 26 Jul 89 10:57:28 EDT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
toolset for lexical analysis jbarnes@cis.ohio-state.edu (Julie Ann Barnes) (1989-07-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

Date: Wed, 26 Jul 89 10:57:28 EDT
From: Julie Ann Barnes <jbarnes@cis.ohio-state.edu>

The Chameleon research group in the Computer & Information Science
Department at OSU announces the availability of the following
technical report on a toolset for building lexical analyzers for
machine-readable documents. In order to obtain the report, please
send your request, by postal mail to:

Ms. Virginia Strawser
2036 Neil Avenue Mall
The Ohio State University
Columbus, OH 43210

Please indicate the name and number of the report you want, and
include $2 for each report requested, to cover postage and handling.

A Customized Toolset for the Lexical Analysis of Document Databases,
by J. Barnes and S. A. Mamrak, OSU-CISRC-7/89-TR32.

ABSTRACT

With the vast amount of electronically encoded data that exists today,
the problem of sharing data between applications has become a major
concern. In order to facilitate the sharing of data objects among
applications, we propose a lexical intermediate form. Realizing the
difficulty of converting existing data objects into this form, we plan
to implement a customized toolset to build lexical analyzers for
already encoded data objects in the document database domain.

---
Julie A. Barnes Department of Computer and Information Science
jbarnes@cis.ohio-state.edu The Ohio State University
2036 Neil Ave.
Columbus, OH USA 43210-1277