Re: C types, was What attributes of a programming language simplify its use?

"marb...@yahoo.co.uk" <marblypup@yahoo.co.uk>
Fri, 9 Dec 2022 07:40:15 -0800 (PST)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Simple to implement and to use christopher.f.clark@compiler-resources.com (Christopher F Clark) (2022-12-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "marb...@yahoo.co.uk" <marblypup@yahoo.co.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 07:40:15 -0800 (PST)

On Saturday, 3 December 2022 at 22:52:17 UTC, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Instead weird constructs like
> "long long" for int64_t have been introduced, while "int int" stays
> equivalent to "int".

(Sorry, not following this thread till I noticed "long long" :-) )
Another feature C's pinched off Algol 68?
(When I designed and partly-implemented a language in 2006, I called my types
"s8", "u8", "s16", and "u16". (That's as far as I got.) From nearly 40 years
of C programming, I've concluded that having "int" be the "natural" size of
integer is more of a liability than an asset.)