|Seed7 Release 2019-08-19 firstname.lastname@example.org (2019-08-22)|
|Date:||Thu, 22 Aug 2019 09:45:58 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="15507"; mail-complaints-to="email@example.com"|
|Posted-Date:||22 Aug 2019 14:23:15 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20190819.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to work correct, when
a derived struct overrides an element of the parent struct. Many
thanks go to Zachary Menzies, for reporting this error and for
providing a test program.
- A definition of SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT has been added to db_odbc.h.
Many thanks go to Brett Senior for pointing out a fatal compilation
error in sql_odbc.c, when compiling Seed7 version 2019-08-18 under
- In the FAQ the explanation, why Seed7 uses UTF-32, has been improved.
An explanation of the database abstraction layer, which provides an
database independent API, has also been added to the FAQ.
- In the manual the chapter about the deprecated function
removeAnyFile() has been replaced by a chapter about the function
- The program db7.sd7 (Database Inspector) has been improved quote a
table name from the catalog when doing a select.
- The program sql7.sd7 has been improved to allow the execution of SQL
statements from a file. The function getSqlStatement has been added,
which reads a semicolon terminated SQL statement from a file.
- The library tar.s7i has been improved to accept extended headers with
meta data (PAX format) also when a tar file is opened as file system
with openTar(). The function readMinimumOfHead has been improved to
- A code page for JIS X 0201 encoding has been added to charsets.s7i.
- The program err.sd7 has been improved to contain test cases, where
UTF-16 surrogate characters and non Unicode characters are written as
Seed7 string escape sequences.
- In sql_oci.c the function sqlOpenOci() has been improved to allow
opening a database with host name, port and database name. This way a
database can be opened without an entry in tnsnames.ora. The type
connectDataRecord and the function setupConnectData() have been added
- The functions sqlOpenMy (in sql_my.c) and sqlOpenPost (in sql_post.c)
have been improved to allow opening a database with host name, port
and database name. Now host, port and dbName are parameters. Before
the functions split the parameter dbName into host and database name.
Specifying a port was not possible.
- In sql_odbc.c the function sqlOpenOdbc() has been improved to allow
opening a database with ODBC driver name, server name and database
name. This way a database can be opened without specifying a data
source in the ODBC Data Source Administrator (in the Control Panel).
The type connectDataRecord and the functions getRegularName(),
wstriSearchCh(), wstriSearch(), connectToServer(), connectToDriver()
and driverConnect() have been added to sql_odbc.c. A definition of
SQL_NEED_DATA has been added to db_odbc.h.
- In sql_rtl.c the function sqlErrMessage() has been improved to allow
database error messages encoded in UTF-8.
- The function sqlOpen() has been removed from sql_rtl.c.
- The function width() has been added to string.s7i and seed7_05.s7i.
This function computes the sum of the character widths in a string.
A character width can be 0 (for control characters), 1 (for normal
printable characters) and 2 (for fullwidth characters, e.g. KANJI).
- The library console.s7i has been improved to use the function
width(), to work correct with fullwidth characters (where the width
of a character is 2).
- Documentation comments have been improved in sql_base.s7i,
bytedata.s7i, unicode.s7i, integer.s7i and str_rtl.c.
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the new
actions SQL_OPEN_FIRE, SQL_OPEN_LITE, SQL_OPEN_MY, SQL_OPEN_OCI,
SQL_OPEN_ODBC and SQL_OPEN_POST. The support for the action SQL_OPEN
has been removed.
- The program chkccomp.c and the makefiles mk_mingw.mak, mk_mingc.mak,
mk_msys.mak and mk_nmake.mak have been changed to avoid the warning
"unknown conversion type character 'l' in format", when compiling
with the MinGW C compiler. The macro FORMAT_LL_TRIGGERS_WARNINGS is
used to avoid the usage of the format length modifier ll.
- In error.c the function print_stri has been improved to write UTF-16
surrogate characters or non Unicode characters as Seed7 string escape
- The unused functions con_beep() and con_setfont() have been removed
from con_con.c and con_win.c.
- The new macro ESC_SEQUENCE_MAX_LEN has been defined in striutl.h.
This macro is used in error.c and str_rtl.c to define the local
- Changes have been done in stat_win.c and stat_win.c to reduce the
number of MinGW C compiler warnings.
- Log functions have been added or improved in sctlib.c, sql_fire.c,
sql_my.c, sql_oci.c, sql_odbc.c and sql_post.c.
- The example program chkdb.sd7 has been improved to write better
- In reflib.c the function ref_select() has been improved to work
correct, when a derived struct overrides an element of the parent
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.