Re: ANN: lcc-win compiler

arnold@skeeve.com (Aharon Robbins)
Sat, 1 Oct 2016 19:57:46 -0000 (UTC)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ANN: lcc-win compiler jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr (jacobnavia) (2016-09-29)
Re: ANN: lcc-win compiler arnold@skeeve.com (2016-09-30)
Re: ANN: lcc-win compiler jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr (jacobnavia) (2016-09-30)
Re: ANN: lcc-win compiler arnold@skeeve.com (2016-10-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: arnold@skeeve.com (Aharon Robbins)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 19:57:46 -0000 (UTC)
Posted-Date: 01 Oct 2016 16:53:07 EDT

In article 16-10-002, jacobnavia <jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr> wrote:
>Le 30/09/2016 ` 12:16, Aharon Robbins a icrit :
>> In article 16-09-040, jacobnavia
><jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr> wrote:
>>> http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32
>>>
>>> [lcc-win] has back ends for intel (all versions), power pc, and an ARM back end
>>> is in development. It runs under linux and windows (from windows NT to windows 10)

I read this as saying that the lcc-win you distribute ran under Linux.

Sorry for the confusion.

>The versions of lcc-win that I developed for Linux are for specific
>customers and I can't distribute that. I started, some years ago trying
>to do a public version like under windows but was very quickly
>overwhelmed by the variety of distributions and bewildering software
>choices that would have needed full teams of people to solve.
>
>Or maybe not.

For a command line tool, it should be doable by one person. But agreed,
you should only tackle that if you want to.

>but then the whole
>IDE with the GTK core...
>
>I stopped.

Understandable. There are lots of IDEs out there already though.
Does your IDE add that much value?

Good luck,

Arnold
--
Aharon (Arnold) Robbins arnold AT skeeve DOT com