|Seed7 Release 2014-12-23 firstname.lastname@example.org (2014-12-23)|
|Date:||Tue, 23 Dec 2014 00:45:07 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||24 Dec 2014 01:14:28 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20141223.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The chapter about primitive actions in the manual has been
- The compiler optimization of bigInteger divisions and
multiplications by -1 has been improved.
- Tests of bigInteger divisions and multiplications have been added
- The functions fltDgts and fltSci have been improved to allow a
precision greater than 1000.
- Tests of the operators digits and sci with large precision values
have been added to chkflt.sd7.
- In drw_x11.c the functions drwHeight and drwWidth have been
improved to avoid a call of XGetGeometry, when the window is a
pixmap. This significantly improves the writing with Seed7 fonts
under Mac OS X.
- The compiler has been improved to limit the length of float
literals to 100 characters. The length of a float literal accepted
by the cl C compiler from msvc is limited.
- The function doubleToCharBuffer in flt_rtl.c has been improved to
work correctly for numbers with big and small exponents.
- Tests of float to string conversions have been added to chkflt.sd7.
The tested float values have exponents from the allowed range.
- The function bigAddAssignSignedDigit (former bigGrowSignedDigit) in
big_rtl.c has been changed to mask the delta value with
- The functions numericSizes and deteminePostgresDefines in
chkccomp.c have been improved. Now the macros INT32_SUFFIX,
UINT32_SUFFIX, INT32TYPE_LITERAL_SUFFIX, INT32TYPE_FORMAT,
INT64_SUFFIX, UINT64_SUFFIX, INT64TYPE_LITERAL_SUFFIX and
INT64TYPE_FORMAT are written by chkccomp.c instead of being defined
- The function findPgTypeInclude has been added to chkccomp.c.
- The check for the function __builtin_expect in chkccomp.c has been
- The actions BIG_GROW, BIG_SHRINK, FLT_GROW, FLT_SHRINK, INT_GROW
and INT_SHRINK have been renamed to BIG_ADD_ASSIGN,
BIG_SBTR_ASSIGN, FLT_ADD_ASSIGN, FLT_SBTR_ASSIGN, INT_ADD_ASSIGN
and INT_SBTR_ASSIGN respectively.
- In big_rtl.c and big_gmp.c the functions bigGrowSignedDigit,
bigGrow and bigShrink have been renamed to bigAddAssignSignedDigit,
bigAddAssign and bigSbtrAssign respectively.
- A check for DEFAULT_DECIMAL_PRECISION in sql_odbc.c has been
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.