Re: Slightly off-topic - digraph layout algorithms

Stephen Horne <sh006d3592@blueyonder.co.uk>
Thu, 16 Apr 2009 18:55:21 +0100

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Slightly off-topic - digraph layout algorithms sh006d3592@blueyonder.co.uk (Stephen Horne) (2009-04-13)
Re: Slightly off-topic - digraph layout algorithms DrDiettrich1@aol.com (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2009-04-14)
Re: Slightly off-topic - digraph layout algorithms sh006d3592@blueyonder.co.uk (Stephen Horne) (2009-04-16)
Re: Slightly off-topic - digraph layout algorithms sh006d3592@blueyonder.co.uk (Stephen Horne) (2009-05-03)
Re: Slightly off-topic - digraph layout algorithms dj3vande@eskimo.com (2009-05-04)
Re: Slightly off-topic - digraph layout algorithms bear@sonic.net (Ray Dillinger) (2009-05-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Stephen Horne <sh006d3592@blueyonder.co.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 18:55:21 +0100
Posted-Date: 17 Apr 2009 06:11:42 EDT

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:47:23 +0200, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1@aol.com> wrote:

>> I'm interested in digraph layout algorithms for presentation of
>> digraphs

>I don't know about specific papers, but I think that recursive graph
>reduction may be helpful, as described e.g. in the thesis of Cristina
>Cifuentes. AFAIR the name is not spelled correctly this way, but Google
>will accept it.

I've found the thesis, and decompilation most definitely isn't what I
was expecting, but it may well be better :-)

I assume what you're suggesting is basically deriving the control-flow
structure of the digraph, then using that structure to arrange the
original digraph. Obviously people tend to do this when drawing
digraphs, but the idea of automatic layout done this way is
interesting.