Re: GCC Compiler Benchmark

"Eric Christopher" <echristo@gmail.com>
Thu, 31 May 2007 14:24:58 -0700

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
GCC Compiler Benchmark srimks11@gmail.com (srimks11@gmail.com) (2007-05-31)
Re: GCC Compiler Benchmark echristo@gmail.com (Eric Christopher) (2007-05-31)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Eric Christopher" <echristo@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 14:24:58 -0700
Posted-Date: 31 May 2007 23:05:00 EDT

> Looking for some help with free software tools or resources for
> performing Compiler Benchmark for GCC. The FC-3 support has toolchain
> - gcc-v4.3, binutils-2.15, newlib-1.15; and target=sh-elf.
>
> I need to perform benchmark analysis for newly incorporated
> instructions.
>
> Any links or resources or clues?

For free benchmarks you'll probably want to look at CSiBE:

http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/csibe/

which is a code size benchmark suite for gcc. Otherwise free
benchmarks for compilers, especially embedded targets, are
rather hard to come by.

You didn't say what you wanted to benchmark or against
what so your mileage may vary on whether or not this solves
the problem you were asking about.

-eric