Welcome to the 20th year of comp.compilers

"Comp.compilers" <compilers-request@iecc.com>
1 Jan 2005 17:30:06 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Welcome to the 20th year of comp.compilers compilers-request@iecc.com (Comp.compilers) (2005-01-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Comp.compilers" <compilers-request@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Jan 2005 17:30:06 -0500
Posted-Date: 01 Jan 2005 17:30:06 EST

Comp.compilers started out as mod.compilers in January 1986, so this
week marks the beginning of its 20th year. I believe it's the oldest
group with significant traffic that still has its original moderator.

In the past year I've added a few new features, notably better
indexing on the web site at http://compilers.iecc.com so you can see
whole message threads, and an RSS feed for people who like to read
their messages that way. But it's still the same comp.compilers. and
still depends on the stream of high quality submissions from its
readers and contributors.

So I wish a happy new year to everyone reading this, and look forward to
another year of compilational conversations.

Regards,
John Levine, comp.compilers moderator,
johnl@iecc.com, http://compilers.iecc.com