Name obfuscation precompiler

daveb_sharp@yahoo.ca (daveb_sharp@yahoo.ca)
22 Jan 2004 23:25:59 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Name obfuscation precompiler daveb_sharp@yahoo.ca (2004-01-22)
Re: Name obfuscation precompiler ddw@missioncriticalit.com (2004-01-31)
Re: Name obfuscation precompiler vbdis@aol.com (2004-02-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: daveb_sharp@yahoo.ca (daveb_sharp@yahoo.ca)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Jan 2004 23:25:59 -0500
Posted-Date: 22 Jan 2004 23:25:59 EST

I am doing research in the area of software protection, including
ofucaation, tamper resistance, and watermarking. I took a compiler
course 10 years ago so I am little rusty. I would like to create a
pre-compiler that that took a source code (C++) input and tranformed
all the function names and constants. For example, a source function
might be GetFirstName(...), and the transformed function name might be
aa(...) where the actual implementation of GetFirstName() and aa() are
identical.The tranformed output of the pre-compiler would then be run
through normal C/C++ compiler.

          Is there any sample compiler source code available that does
anything remotely similar to the above or can anyone give me any
suggestions on a quick proof of concept implementation of my own?

      Cheers
          Dave