Re: Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Windows?

"Scott Nicol" <snicol@apk.net>
24 May 2003 20:27:39 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Windows? leonworkman_2000@yahoo.com (2003-05-15)
Re: Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Window lex@cc.gatech.edu (Lex Spoon) (2003-05-23)
Re: Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Windows? snicol@apk.net (Scott Nicol) (2003-05-24)
Re: Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Windows? lex@cc.gatech.edu (Lex Spoon) (2003-05-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Scott Nicol" <snicol@apk.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 May 2003 20:27:39 -0400
Posted-Date: 24 May 2003 20:27:39 EDT

"Lex Spoon" <lex@cc.gatech.edu> wrote in message
> You can probably ship just bash.exe from Cygwin. Bash.exe is a
> perfect interpreter for your language, so seems best to try and find a
> way to use it.

Shell scripts, except for the most trivial examples, call external
programs. There's likely a whole bunch of stuff you need (ls, grep,
awk, sed, head, ...).

If the script isn't too tricky and if you feel brave, you may be able
to convert the shell script to a DOS batch file. See
http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/http2.html#batch for a large list of
online batch file programming pages. Batch files we a dying breed
before advanced languages like Java came along and made them necessary
again. I can't recommend any one page in particular - I think I'm
like most programmers that get done what is necessary in .bat files
and then leaves well enough alone.

--
Scott Nicol
snicol@apk.net