Re: Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Windows?

Lex Spoon <lex@cc.gatech.edu>
23 May 2003 01:39:06 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Windows? leonworkman_2000@yahoo.com (2003-05-15)
Re: Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Window one2001boy@yahoo.com (one2001boy@yahoo.com) (2003-05-18)
Re: Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Window lex@cc.gatech.edu (Lex Spoon) (2003-05-23)
Re: Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Windows? snicol@apk.net (Scott Nicol) (2003-05-24)
Re: Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Windows? lex@cc.gatech.edu (Lex Spoon) (2003-05-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Lex Spoon <lex@cc.gatech.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 May 2003 01:39:06 -0400
Posted-Date: 23 May 2003 01:39:06 EDT

leonworkman_2000@yahoo.com (Leon Workman) writes:
> I've got a bash shell script that has over 2500 lines of code in
> it. Within the shell script, it calls an executable, which I have the
> C source code for which is over 2000 lines in length. I want to get
> both to run on Windows, and I've downloaded Cygwin, ...

You can probably ship just bash.exe from Cygwin. Bash.exe is a
perfect interpreter for your language, so seems best to try and find a
way to use it.

Alternatively, you should be able to tweak the bash source code a
little and link it directly into your main program. It may be more
difficult licensing issues with this approach, however.

Lex