MS course recommendation ?

"Jeremy Wright" <jeremy.wright@microfocus.com>
18 Oct 2002 23:22:27 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
MS course recommendation ? jeremy.wright@microfocus.com (Jeremy Wright) (2002-10-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Jeremy Wright" <jeremy.wright@microfocus.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Oct 2002 23:22:27 -0400
Posted-Date: 18 Oct 2002 23:22:27 EDT

Does anyone have any recommendations for an MS (MSc) program focusing
(or at least with a significant component) on advanced issues in code
optimization for scalar compilers ? The areas I would like to focus on
are

register allocation
register allocation on small heterogeneous register sets (ie Pentium)
partial-redundancy or global common sub-expression elimination
instruction scheduling
inter procedural optimization
whole programme optimization
applicability of algorithms for all of above when applied to very
large programmes

Course must be taught in English. My fluency in programming languages
is sadly not matched by skills in human languages other than my own.