Automatic code generation from UML-like statecharts

Andrzej Wasowski <andrzej_wasowski@yahoo.com>
17 Jan 2002 00:34:35 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Automatic code generation from UML-like statecharts andrzej_wasowski@yahoo.com (Andrzej Wasowski) (2002-01-17)
Re: Automatic code generation from UML-like statecharts jeremybennett_newsreply1@yahoo.co.uk (Jeremy Bennett) (2002-01-18)
Re: Automatic code generation from UML-like statecharts andrzej_wasowski@yahoo.com (Andrzej Wasowski) (2002-01-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Andrzej Wasowski <andrzej_wasowski@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 Jan 2002 00:34:35 -0500
Posted-Date: 17 Jan 2002 00:34:35 EST

Hi,

I am a PhD studenta carrying on a project on code generation for
embedded systems. Currently considered approach is to generate C code
from UML-like (though more restricted) state charts. Different methods
are considered including from interpreting action tables (or table-like
data structures), embedded decision trees to generating direct programs
in C. There is a wide range of interesting aspects in optimizing state
charts (far much beyond the standard speed-size rtade off).

The work is aimed at embedded systems but efficient implementations of
state charts may have wider applications (including scanning, parsing,
theorem proving or even data compression).

I would be very glad either to hear from anybody working on efficient
implementations of state charts. Also if you know any interesting
resource (book/website/article/etc) let me know about it.

You can find more information about me at
http://www.it-c.dk/people/wasowski.

regards

Andrzej Wasowski
It-University, Copenhagen