Re: Looking for new language features

etoffi@bigfoot.com
8 Sep 2000 02:15:03 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for new language features lingolanguage@hotmail.com (William Rayer) (2000-08-27)
Re: Looking for new language features etoffi@bigfoot.com (2000-09-08)
Re: Looking for new language features joachim_d@gmx.de (Joachim Durchholz) (2000-09-08)
Re: Looking for new language features rhyde@cs.ucr.edu (Randall Hyde) (2000-09-09)
Re: Looking for new language features guerby@acm.org (Laurent Guerby) (2000-09-09)
Re: Looking for new language features mq@maq.org (2000-09-11)
Re: Looking for new language features rosing@peakfive.com (Matt Rosing) (2000-09-11)
Re: Looking for new language features rhyde@cs.ucr.edu (Randall Hyde) (2000-09-13)

From: etoffi@bigfoot.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Sep 2000 02:15:03 -0400

    "William Rayer" <lingolanguage@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of any resources, web sites, documents etc which have
> details of new language features? What I am looking for is a sort of
> wish list of features that could be included in a new computer
> language. It does not matter if the features are complex or high level
> or hard to implement, I'm looking more for ideas than implementation
> detail.

The object I had in mind when I started my ``extending c" thread was
to provide certain object-oriented features in the c language. this is
needed mainly to support a slightly more complex string (ie char*)
type and can have other applications as well. this is rather simple
IMHO, after the c is parsed, at least ;)

Uh, look at c3 on my site (email with any questions, as webpage
updates are rather scarce in the wrld of etoffi).

http://oluworld.sourceforge.net/c-compiler.html

--
etoffi