Re: Incremental Compilers

"Herbert M Sauro" <HSauro@fssc.demon.co.uk>
12 May 2000 22:28:35 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Incremental Compilers rinap@cisco.com (2000-05-08)
Re: Incremental Compilers plakal@cs.wisc.edu (2000-05-10)
Re: Incremental Compilers cascaval@leo.cs.uiuc.edu (Calin Cascaval) (2000-05-10)
Re: Incremental Compilers richard@imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man) (2000-05-10)
Re: Incremental Compilers markland@vnet.ibm.com (Matthew Markland) (2000-05-12)
Re: Incremental Compilers HSauro@fssc.demon.co.uk (Herbert M Sauro) (2000-05-12)
Re: Incremental Compilers mkent@acm.org (Mike Kent) (2000-05-12)
Re: Incremental compilers brunix!apollo!alan (Alan Lehotsky) (1986-09-18)
Incremental compilers charlie@genrad.com (1989-01-24)
Re: Incremental compilers ti-csl!csc.ti.com!pf@cs.utexas.edu (Paul Fuqua) (1989-01-15)
Re: Incremental compilers rogerson@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM (1989-01-26)
Re: Incremental Compilers nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) (1989-01-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Herbert M Sauro" <HSauro@fssc.demon.co.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 12 May 2000 22:28:35 -0400

The borland compilers (C++ Builder and Delphi) only compile source files
that have changed, anyway I though make would do this anyway for you no
matter what platform you develop on. Also the compiler makes a significant
difference, for example Delphi only does a single pass so it is very quick,
in fact compiling a Delphi project is not much slower than running say a VB
application (which is interpreted). Try comparing the compile times between
VC++ and Delphi, the difference is quite staggering.

Herbert Sauro