Re: Need multi-faceted textbook

"Robert F. Monroe" <>
13 Feb 1996 00:06:24 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Need multi-faceted textbook (1996-02-09)
Re: Need multi-faceted textbook (Robert F. Monroe) (1996-02-13)
Re: Need multi-faceted textbook (1996-02-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Robert F. Monroe" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Feb 1996 00:06:24 -0500

The moderator wrote:
> [If you're teaching them C++, why would you want to do windows programming
> without classes? -John]

Makes sense to me. As great as the Windows class libraries can be for
building applications, they really do not teach you a whole lot about
the basics of Windows (message pumps, the API...). The way I read it,
he is teaching them both C++ AND Windows programming. Why not let'em
know "how I did it when I was a kid".