Re: Abstract Interpretation Query

chow@sp1.csrd.uiuc.edu (Jyh-Herng Chow)
Sun, 6 Sep 1992 22:06:59 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Abstract Interpretation Query ashok@trddc.ernet.in (Ashok Sreenivas) (1992-09-04)
Re: Abstract Interpretation Query vugranam@pike.ee.mcgill.ca (1992-09-05)
Re: Abstract Interpretation Query masticol@cadenza.rutgers.edu (1992-09-06)
Re: Abstract Interpretation Query deutsch+@cs.cmu.edu (1992-09-06)
Re: Abstract Interpretation Query chow@sp1.csrd.uiuc.edu (1992-09-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: chow@sp1.csrd.uiuc.edu (Jyh-Herng Chow)
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1992 22:06:59 GMT

Ashok Sreenivas <ashok@trddc.ernet.in> writes:
>What I want to know is: has anybody applied it to everyday imperative
>languages in real life (i.e. to languages like Pascal, C, and
>analyses like type analysis, data flow analysis etc.)?

Yes, the Miprac compiler, a multilingual parallelizing compiler (for C,
Lisp, Fortran, etc) by W.L. Harrison and Z.Ammarguellat at CSRD uses a
very compilicated abstract interpretation for obtaining side-effects, data
dependences and object lifetimes information, for both numerical and
symbolic programs. For an overview of this compiler, see

        "A Program's Eye View of Miprac", Williams L. Harrison and
        Zahira Ammarguellat, in proc. 5th Workshop on Languages and Compilers
        for Parallel Computing, Yale University, August, 1992

--
Jyh-Herng Chow (chow@csrd.uiuc.edu)
465 CSRL