Re: Writing a symbol table in Perl

"Edward Walker" <>
21 Mar 2002 22:00:53 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Writing a symbol table in Perl (2002-03-17)
Re: Writing a symbol table in Perl (Joachim Durchholz) (2002-03-19)
Re: Writing a symbol table in Perl (2002-03-21)
Re: Writing a symbol table in Perl (Edward Walker) (2002-03-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Edward Walker" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 21 Mar 2002 22:00:53 -0500
Posted-Date: 21 Mar 2002 22:00:53 EST

I did something awhilst ago which was a Fortran semantic checker
written in Perl. The code is 7 years old, so the usual warning apply.
But it basically did
        a, Inter procedural dataflow analysis
        b. Uninitialised variable usage check
        c. Common block type check
        d. Subroutine argument check

It does scope nesting exactly as Joachim mentions.

You can get the full source at

Hope this helps.

- edward