Compiler positions available for week ending January 13 (comp.compilers)
14 Jan 2002 02:03:13 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending January 13 (2002-01-14)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 13 (comp.compilers) (2008-01-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (comp.compilers)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,
Date: 14 Jan 2002 02:03:13 -0500
Posted-Date: 14 Jan 2002 02:03:13 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to

From: (Kris Reynolds)
Subject: Position Available - San Jose, CA
Date: 9 Jan 2002 10:11:46 -0800

Software Engineer - Compiler/Gode Generator Position
Where: San Jose, CA
Permanent Position - salary negotiable
US Citizens and Permanent Residents Only Please
Please contact:

Responsibilities and Duties:
This is a new position developing core technology for network
processor products - working in our client's operating Systems group.
We are looking for a bright individual with a code generator/compiler
background to work on code generator technology. The position
involves writing code generators for new and exciting leading edge
network processors. This is an excellent opportunity to get into a hot
new technology right at the beginning!

Prime responsibility is to produce high quality Java/Assembler code
(backend is in Java and outputs Assembler).

Strong assembler programming experience is a must
Compiler / Code generator experience required (embedded environment)
Should be able to code in Java
Experience with a network processor is a plus
Good communications skills
Ability to work as part of a highly motivated team
Minimum of 3 years related experience

Interested individuals should email resume to

Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:26:08 -0800
From: Pradeep Tumati <>
Subject: VP of Engineering, silicon valley

Job Title: VP of Engineering

Want to be a part of the team that is set to redefine software
infrastructure? Ready for an exciting challenge and an equity
opportunity of an early stage software start-up? We need an
experienced professional to join our team in Silicon Valley! Squ
Systems Inc is a recently formed technology based company whose core
competency is around a specific topic related to compilation. We are
targeting an exciting market with a new disruptive technology. We have
pending intellectual property. We are in the process of forming a
management team.

We are looking for an experienced professional with a minimum of 10
years experience in the field of systems software especially with
compilers, assemblers, linkers, loaders etc. The eligible person must
have had prior experience in managing a software team of 20 or more in
the past. Must have excellent communication and management skills to
build and manage a team of experienced engineers. He/She should
coordinate the technology road map with the marketing and sales
executives of our company.

- Minimum of 10 years of software development experience (Unix/C++
environment) required
- Experience with C/C++ compiler front-ends and back-ends a must
- Should have a first hand experience in developing assemblers
- Experience with Compiler Optimization required
- Knowledge of control and data flow dependency analysis preferred
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent background.
- PhDs whose focus is within compilers are preferred

Please email your profiles to

Pradeep Tumati