Re: COBOL Parsers

"John H. Lindsay" <eil@kingston.net>
17 Apr 2000 11:20:29 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
COBOL Parsers mrickan@home.com (Mark Rickan) (2000-04-15)
Re: COBOL Parsers waratah@zip.com.au (Ken Foskey) (2000-04-16)
Re: COBOL Parsers vadik@siber.com (Vadim Maslov) (2000-04-16)
Re: COBOL Parsers eil@kingston.net (John H. Lindsay) (2000-04-17)
Re: COBOL Parsers tej@melbpc.org.au (Tim Josling) (2000-04-20)
Re: COBOL Parsers thaneH@softwaresimple.com (2000-04-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "John H. Lindsay" <eil@kingston.net>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.cobol,comp.compilers
Date: 17 Apr 2000 11:20:29 -0400

Hi folks:

This isn't really a compiler problem, but a simple text-processing
one. Do have a look at the language SNOBOL 4, especially with any of
the Spitbol compilers. See http://www.Snobol4.com . Don't laugh if
you thought SNOBOL4 died; it's alive and well and doing the same sort
of amazing things (string processing, pattern recognition, data
structures ...) as always, especially one-off and special purpose jobs
like this one, although some amazing things have been done with it
like a compiler for a PL/I-like system language in ~700 lines!
There's a mailing list available via the above web site if you need
starters.

--
John H. Lindsay >> Note new e-mail address >> eil@kingston.net
48 Fairway Hill Crescent, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, K7M 2B4.