COBOL Parsers

"Mark Rickan" <>
15 Apr 2000 21:40:19 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
COBOL Parsers (Mark Rickan) (2000-04-15)
Re: COBOL Parsers (Ken Foskey) (2000-04-16)
Re: COBOL Parsers (Vadim Maslov) (2000-04-16)
Re: COBOL Parsers (John H. Lindsay) (2000-04-17)
Re: COBOL Parsers (Tim Josling) (2000-04-20)
Re: COBOL Parsers (2000-04-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Mark Rickan" <>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.cobol,comp.compilers
Date: 15 Apr 2000 21:40:19 -0400

Does anyone have any insights/experience on options for parsing COBOL?
I am working on a project where we will need to extract data file
declarations and access these files using other applications using
multiplatform C/C++.

So far we've considered the CobolTransformer Toolkit from Siber
Systems (, the COBOL parser from CocoLab
( or rolling or own using Coco/R
(, Visual Parse++ from
Sandstone (

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[There's some stuff in the FAQ. The grammar for Cobol isn't particularly
complex, but it's very large with an enormous number of different tokens.