Re: COBOL Parsers

Ken Foskey <>
16 Apr 2000 14:57:34 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
COBOL Parsers (Mark Rickan) (2000-04-15)
Re: COBOL Parsers (Ken Foskey) (2000-04-16)
Re: COBOL Parsers (Vadim Maslov) (2000-04-16)
Re: COBOL Parsers (John H. Lindsay) (2000-04-17)
Re: COBOL Parsers (Tim Josling) (2000-04-20)
Re: COBOL Parsers (2000-04-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Ken Foskey <>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.cobol,comp.compilers
Date: 16 Apr 2000 14:57:34 -0400

Mark Rickan wrote:
> Does anyone have any insights/experience on options for parsing COBOL?
> I am working on a project where we will need to extract data file
> declarations and access these files using other applications using
> multiplatform C/C++.

I have one that handles the data division pretty well completely, in
cobol. I creates a cobol array of the definitions so that you can use
the information gained. It is freeware, you can use it but any
modifications must come back to the original source. Bug reports
accepted and corrected as well.

Compiles under Fujitsu V3 (available from

Ken Foskey