unspecified ELF contents

nerkul@my-deja.com
25 Nov 1999 01:52:07 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
unspecified ELF contents nerkul@my-deja.com (1999-11-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: nerkul@my-deja.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 25 Nov 1999 01:52:07 -0500

First I must thank those who pointed me to the Portable Formats
Specification for the purpose of understanding object files.

Now my new problem - in a test binary that I'm looking at, there are
two sections of the type "Processor Specific Semantics" and, unless
I'm miscalculating the string table offset, these sections are named
null and "01.01" (sans quotes). I don't understand either the name or
how to interpret the actual Processor Specific Semantics.

Secondly, or is it thirdly, there are several sections of type
PROGBITS which have flags = 06. 06 isn't mentioned as a valid flag.
So... huh?

[A few minutes later. -John]

Oops, I WAS miscalculating the string section offset. Now the
Processor Specific sections are named "nu.version" and
"nu.version_r"... I still don't know where to find the precise meaning
of these, or the contents...

Thanks
Nerkul