RE: Name-mangling schemes

"Mikael Lyngvig" <mikael@pobox.com>
28 Oct 1999 02:04:33 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
RE: Name-mangling schemes mikael@pobox.com (Mikael Lyngvig) (1999-10-28)
Re: Name-mangling schemes jcownie@etnus.com (James Cownie) (1999-10-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Mikael Lyngvig" <mikael@pobox.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 28 Oct 1999 02:04:33 -0400

Hi,

> Where I can find info about name mangling schemes (gcc, borland)
> [The GCC scheme is in the info file. Other schemes seem to be documented
> implicitly only in the code, but they're all pretty close to the one in
> the Annotated C Ref Man. -John]

Borland's name mangling scheme used to be part of their Open
Architecture manual or whatever they call it. You might be able to
download it right off their website. Microsoft's part of their
Microsoft C++ Object Model document. Watcom's available from them
upon request (you get a YACC grammar).

As a rule of thumb, you have to contact the compiler vendor and
they'll provide it to you free of charge. Just explain to them why
you need it (and make sure they find the reason beneficial to their
competitive position).

-- Mikael