Equation compiler?

"Alan GARNY" <alan.garny@physiol.ox.ac.uk>
27 Oct 1999 14:04:39 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Equation compiler? alan.garny@physiol.ox.ac.uk (Alan GARNY) (1999-10-27)
Re: Equation compiler? Sid-Ahmed-Ali.TOUATI@inria.fr (Sid Ahmed Ali TOUATI) (1999-10-29)
Re: Equation compiler? qjackson@wave.home.com (Quinn Tyler Jackson) (1999-10-29)
Re: Equation compiler? zalman@netcom9.netcom.com (Zalman Stern) (1999-10-31)
Re: Equation compiler? etechweb@yahoo.com (1999-11-02)
Re: Equation compiler? nr@wally.eecs.harvard.edu (1999-11-03)
Re: Equation compiler? niemannt@my-deja.com (1999-11-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Alan GARNY" <alan.garny@physiol.ox.ac.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Oct 1999 14:04:39 -0400

Hi,

Does anyone know how to create an equation compiler in C/C++? The idea
is, for instance, to allow the user to enter an equation, such as y =
3x+2, and compile (in assembly language for faster computation?) it
and use it to plot the corresponding graph. Note that I am not
interested in an equation interpreter as I know how to do that and
that it is far too slow for my purpose. So, I would be very glad if
anyone would be willing to share his knowledge of the subject or even
better give me some code that would help to start.

        Thanks in advance, Alan.
--
http://www.hellix.com/
[There's not much difference between an interpreter and a compiler. With