Compiler positions available for week ending September 19

compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
20 Sep 1999 12:13:35 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending September 19 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2004-09-19)
Compiler positions available for week ending September 19 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2010-09-19)
Compiler positions available for week ending September 19 compilers@iecc.com (1999-09-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 20 Sep 1999 12:13:35 -0400

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Jim Dehnert <dehnert@sgi.com>
Subject: Compiler opportunities at SGI
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 18:22:20 -0700

SGI (Silicon Graphics, Inc.) is looking for top compiler engineers.
We offer the opportunity to work on a retargetable state-of-the-art
compiler for C, C++, Fortran, and Java with an outstanding group of
engineers with a history of ground-breaking advances in compiler
technology. We support a range of systems from individual workstations
to massively parallel shared-memory supercomputers.

We seek engineers with Masters or Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science and
industrial or academic experience with the development of languages,
compilers, and related tools. You'll have the opportunity to work
on all phases of compilation, including front ends, interprocedural
and global optimization, loop nest optimization and parallelization,
software pipelining and global scheduling, register allocation,
speculation, and predication.

If you are interested in hearing more, please send a current resume and
contact information to:

                Jim Dehnert mailto:dehnert@sgi.com
                Principal Engineer (650) 933-4272
                SGI, m/s 178 (650) 932-4272 FAX