Re: Regarding Java compiler

Asrat Zewde <asrat@worldnet.att.net>
24 Aug 1999 12:07:39 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Regarding Java compiler snarasim@ksr.ececs.uc.edu (Srivatsan Narasimhan) (1999-08-12)
Re: Regarding Java compiler tromey@cygnus.com (Tom Tromey) (1999-08-13)
Re: Regarding Java compiler raugfer@uol.com.br (Rodrigo Augusto B. Ferreira) (1999-08-13)
Re: Regarding Java compiler cmcknigh@fastlane.net (Charles McKnight) (1999-08-18)
Re: Regarding Java compiler asrat@worldnet.att.net (Asrat Zewde) (1999-08-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Asrat Zewde <asrat@worldnet.att.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Aug 1999 12:07:39 -0400

Srivatsan Narasimhan wrote:
> I am trying to find how procedure call graphs are being
> constructed by Java compiler and other details regarding that. If you can
> help me in this regard it would be great. Kindly suggest some pointers
> regarding this.
> Also I am looking for source code for Java compiler. Is there any
> Java compiler that is available in the public domain?

SUN provides source code for JDK which you can accesses from
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/download-windows.html, and it's
huge,25meg; of course, you need to register for license. There is also
an IBM implementation called jikes it too requires license agreement
you can find it at http://www.research.ibm.com/jikes/

There is another one that doesn't require license agreement, and it
uses GNU's tools such as bison and lex for parsing and scanning . It
extends Java by adding generic feature you can find it at
http://www.pmg.lcs.mit.edu/polyj.