A Whirlwind Tutorial on Creating Really Teensy ELF Executables

Juergen Kahrs <Juergen.Kahrs@t-online.de>
12 Aug 1999 03:07:22 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
A Whirlwind Tutorial on Creating Really Teensy ELF Executables Juergen.Kahrs@t-online.de (Juergen Kahrs) (1999-08-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Juergen Kahrs <Juergen.Kahrs@t-online.de>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 12 Aug 1999 03:07:22 -0400

Hello,

I just came across a tutorial which might be interesting for readers
of this newsgroup:

    http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/software/tiny/teensy.html

This tutorial describes the ELF object file format as used for Linux.
I worked through it and it answered many questions that also come up
now and then in this newsgroup. Such a tutorial cannot cover as much
ground as John Levine's linker book (which is soon to appear ?). But
is was fun to see what you can do if you really understand what is
going on in your executable files.

Juergen Kahrs Tel. 0421 249 666
Millstaetter Strasse 15 Tel. 0421 457 2819
D 28359 Bremen Fax 0421 457 3578
____________ http://home.t-online.de/home/Juergen.Kahrs/ _______________
[It's cute. I suppose it shows why access to system source code is not
an unalloyed blessing. -John]