Compiler positions available for week ending August 1

compilers-jobs@iecc.com
1 Aug 1999 23:03:36 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending August 1 compilers@iecc.com (2004-08-05)
Compiler positions available for week ending August 1 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1999-08-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 1 Aug 1999 23:03:36 -0400

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: "Ed Harcourt" <harcourt@Cadence.COM>
Subject: Positions available at Cadence Design Systems - Chelmsford, Mass
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 09:05:39 -0400

Cadence Design Systems, Chelmsford, Massachusetts.

We are looking for a Software Engineer to work on a HW/SW Co-design
tool. The ideal candidate will have at least an M.S. in Computer
Science or Computer Engineering and have a good understanding of
compilers, code generators, processor architectures, and instruction
set simulators. Additional experience with DSP processor
architectures, Verilog, VHDL, embedded-systems, or real-time operating
systems is helpful. Knowledge of C++ is a must. Knowledge of Java a
plus. Development responsibilities will include design,
implementation, testing, and evaluation of algorithms for
embedded-software performance estimation. Responsibilities also
include the maintenance and support of existing software. Experience
in EDA software development is a plus.

Ed Harcourt
Cadence Design Systems

-------------------------------

Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 17:54:09 -0700
From: clairej <clairej@cup.hp.com>
Subject: HP - Compiler Engineer in Optimizer Team, Cupertino, California

Hewlett Packard
Location:- Cupertino, California

Would you like to work with a tightly knit team of highly motivated
individuals at HP's Performance Delivery Lab designing compilers for
the IA64 PROCESSOR (MERCED) ARCHITECTURE?

We are looking for individuals to work with our team on
interprocedural analysis and optimizations. Our specific interest is
in people with experience and or academic background in one or more of
the following areas:

- Interprocedural optimizations
- Scalar and loop transformations
- Knowledge of parallelization and OpenMP
- Optimizations for object oriented languages

In addition, the following strengths are desired:

- Essential knowledge of C++
- Enthusiasm, passion and teamwork

If you are interested, please send your resume in plain ASCII text or
MS Word format to <clairej@cup.hp.com>

Thanks

Claire Jones

Email: clairej@cup.hp.com